Seventh Annual Pace Pitch Contest
|ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS OF THE SEVENTH ANNUAL PACE PITCH CONTEST|
The Seventh Annual Pace Pitch Contest
in association with:
Monday, April 11, 2011
5:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts
1 Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
The Pace Pitch Contest is based on the Elevator Pitch concept, popular in the venture capital community. It is an extremely concise presentation of an entrepreneur's idea, business model, marketing strategy, competitive analysis, and financial plan, which is delivered to potential investors. The premise is that it could be made in a few minutes, should the entrepreneur spot a potential investor on an elevator and have the opportunity to pitch their idea during the brief ride.
Finalists in the New Business Concept category and the Social Venture category will each have exactly three minutes to pitch their new venture idea to a distinguished panel of judges and an enthusiastic audience. In addition to broad participation at Pace, we have been pleased to welcome student competitors from a number of other universities, including Columbia, Harvard, MIT, NYU, Princeton, and Stanford.
- 5:00 - 5:30 Registration and Reception
- 5:30 - 6:00 Welcome and Keynote Speaker
- 6:00 - 6:45 Six Finalists make their Pitch (three New Business Concepts & three Social Ventures)
- 6:45 - 7:00 Break (Judging Panel selects the winning pitches in private)
- 7:00- 7:30 Judging Panel Discussion and Critique
- 7:30 - 8:00 Awards Ceremony and Networking
New Business Concept Prize
- A $3,000 cash prize will be awarded to the winner of the New Business Concept category. The prize money must be used to help build the New Business Concept presented at the Seventh Annual Pace Pitch Contest.
- Each of the three finalists in the New Business Concept Category will receive a cash prize of $500.
Social Venture Prize
- A $3,000 cash prize will be awarded to the winner of the Social Venture category. The prize money must be used to help build the Social Venture presented at the Seventh Annual Pace Pitch Contest.
- Each of the three finalists will receive a cash prize of $500.
Additional prizes will be announced later.
Pace University reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole discretion, any individual or team from the competition at any time (before or after the Pitch Contest or the award of any prize) for any reason. Reasons for disqualification may include, but are not limited to, misrepresentations in the application process, plagiarism, infringement of the intellectual property of others, and any failure to comply with the rules of the competition. Disqualified individuals or teams shall forfeit any and all prizes awarded to them.
Inaugural Pace Pitch Contest (December 3rd, 2004).
Second Annual Pace Pitch Contest (December 9th, 2005).
Third Annual Pace Pitch Contest (November 17th, 2006).
Fourth Annual Pace Pitch Contest (December 6th, 2007).
Fifth Annual Pace Pitch Contest (December 4th, 2008).
Sixth Annual Pace Pitch Contest (December 3rd, 2009).
Click to download the full Official Program for the Seventh Annual Pace Pitch Contest (PDF).
|Visit us on Facebook – we hope you LIKE us|
For additional information, please contact
Clinical Professor and Director of Entrepreneurship @ Lubin:
Tel: (212) 618-6580
Fax: (212) 618-6532
Address: Pace University
Lubin School of Business
Department of Management, Room W-422
1 Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038