On-campus Employment


As an F-1 student, you may apply for on-campus employment provided that you are authorized by the USCIS to attend PaceUniversity, and you are maintaining full-time studies.  You can begin working on campus immediately as there is no minimum time requirement in F-1 status for this type of work.  You will need a Social Security Number in order to get paid, so be sure to start that process soon if you do not have a number already!

What is considered on-campus employment?
On-campus employment means that you will be working on Pace University premises (perhaps in the library or your academic department).  It also includes working for a commercial firm that provides direct services to Pace Universitystudents (such as cafeteria food services).

Additionally, work that is performed at an off-campus location but that is educationally affiliated with Pace can be considered on-campus employment.  This work must be associated with the school’s curriculum and be an integral part of your educational program [8 CFR 214.2(f)(9)(i)].

How many hours can I work?
You can work up to 20 hours per week while school is in session.  You may be eligible for full time employment during vacation periods and holidays.

How do I find out about jobs on campus?
Contact Career Services on your campus.