Mission and Goals
The mission of the Pace University Writing Center, in Pleasantville, New York, following guidelines set forth by the International Writing Centers Association, is to serve as a resource to all members of the University community who are committed to the demanding but inspiring work of written communication.
- serve the university as an inviting resource for all writers;
- support all writing programs within the university;
- mentor writers by focusing on transferrable skills (e.g. the revision process, critical thinking, content development, research and source use, etc.);
- contribute to students' successful progress toward graduation;
- help students understand and negotiate the university context of and expectations for college writing;
- foster and promote understanding and acceptance of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, and viewpoints;
- train and mentor graduate and undergraduate writing consultants who will be able to use their consultation experience to their advantage in future professional roles.