Sigma Tau Delta
The Sigma Tau Delta honor society confers distinction on English majors and minors through a yearly induction ceremony.
Opportunities offered by Sigma Tau Delta:
- gain leadership skills;
- compete for substantial prizes, scholarships, and awards;
- build skills and interests that lead to career success or strong graduate and professional school candidacy;
- Take advantage of mentoring opportunities;
- Serve the discipline of English.
The photo was taken at the Fall 2007 Sigma Tau Delta Induction ceremony.
From left to right: Victoria DellaBadia, Lianne Zohn, Pamela Smith, Alyssa Cressotti, Christopher Keogh, Nicole Papaioannou, and Amanda Cerreto.
You are eligible to join Sigma Tau Delta if you satisfy the following requirements:
- You’re majoring or minoring in English or English & Communications; or you’re majoring in Education with a concentration in English;
- You have an overall average of 3.2;
- You have taken at least 2 Literature or English courses other than Eng 110, 120, & 201;
- You have a 3.5 average in your English major;
- You are a currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student.
For more information, please contact Dr. Bette Kirschstein at email@example.com.
Sigma Tau Delta’s Writing Contest
If you are in high school and have an interest in all areas of writing, you’ve come to the right place. Pace University’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the international English honor society, is in the process of organizing a writing contest for high school students in their junior or senior year.