Sophomore Year Reg
Registration for Sophomore Year
All students currently in the CAP program will meet with their adviser mid-semester in the spring to discuss registration for the following fall semester. Students should plan to take certain courses during the fall semester of their sophomore year. The following is a guideline for planning your second year. Keep in mind that you may have taken some of these courses during your first year.
- CIS 101 (TS 105 may be substituted for Education majors)
- COM 200
- Math course (refer to major worksheet)
- Also recommended: Science course (must be a lab science) or Second Language course
- ENG 201 is not recommended until second semester of the second year.
In addition, Lubin students should register for the following courses if possible:
- BUS 150
- ECO 105 and/or ECO 106 (must be at or above MAT 104 to take ECO 105)
- LAW 101
- ACC 203 (must have 30 credits)
If you have not taken a Learning Community, you MUST register for one for the spring.
Students should also plan on re-taking any course in which an “F” grade was received during the fall or spring semester. Please review the Recomputation Policy or see your adviser for further information.
Students generally register for between 12 and 17 credits per semester. Students on academic probation (below a 2.0 cumulative GPA) must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Dyson students: no more than 12-14 credits
- Lubin students: see Lubin adviser
- CSIS students: case by case basis determined by CSIS adviser, usually limited to 12 credits
- Education students: no more than 12-13 credits
Please keep in mind that ALL current CAP students have a CAP hold on their account and will not be able to register until that hold is removed. The hold is removed after your registration advisement appointment. Students should also be aware of any additional holds on their student accounts, such as financial holds, to avoid delays in registering.
Useful Links to Information on the Core:
Blank schedule grid
Individual major worksheets are available from your adviser.