Your First Week at Pace University
- Plan to attend all of your classes, especially UNV 101!
- The first full week of classes goes from Wednesday, September 3 to Tuesday, September 9, 2014.
- Get to know your CAP Academic Advisor!
- Check your PACE e-mail on a regular basis! Important communication will be sent here.
Familiarize yourself with ONE PACE PLAZA. Important locations in this building include:
- Café 101, Birnbaum Library, Office of Student Assistance - 1st Floor
- Campus Resource Center – 2nd Floor
- Eddie Layton Student Union, Spotlight Café - B Level
- Classrooms (Sample: W503 is on the 5th floor; E331 is on the 3rd floor, Y22 is on the 2nd floor)
- If you haven’t done so, print your schedule in advance (using My Pace Portal). Know where your classes are located and arrive to class early. Come to class prepared! Bring a notebook and a pen.
- LOOK OVER THE CLASS SYLLABUS. Make sure to put it somewhere you will not lose it. The syllabus indicates the contact information and office hours for your professor, exam dates, homework assignments, course schedule and the overall grading system… just to name a few!
- Introduce yourself to the professor. Professors schedule office hours to meet with students, take advantage of that time!
- After your first class buy your books. Some professors immediately begin referring to the books the second time the class meets. The Barnes and Noble University Bookstore is located at 41 Park Row.
- If you are a commuter, consider purchasing a locker. Contact Student Auxiliary Services at (212) 346-1015 or stop by their office across from the Spotlight Café on B level.
- Make sure your tuition payment and financial aid is in order. Contact the Office of Student Assistance (OSA) at 877-672-1830 or visit their websiteat www.pace.edu/OSA
- Get contact information from a peer in each of your courses. This way, if you need to miss a class you have someone to contact for notes, homework, etc.
- Fill out your calendar (on your phone, in your agenda, anywhere!) Keep track of when your classes meet, exam dates, and due dates for homework assignments. Organization early on is the key to being successful!