Registration Information

Before speaking with your advisor, become as informed as you can about the registration process!

Q: How can I register for classes?

A: Register online 7 days a week, 24-hours a day through MyPace Portal once you are eligible to do so. You will be notified by the Office of Student Assistance (OSA) via e-mail with your exact registration date and time. This notification will occur about a week prior to your registration date.

Q:  What is the difference between a “drop” and a “withdrawal”?

A: A course can be dropped prior to and within the first week of classes.  After that period, if you do not want to continue with a course, you must officially withdraw from it, and a “W” will appear on your transcript next to that course. 

Q: Can I withdraw from a class after the semester has started?

A: During the fall or spring semester, you may withdraw from a class during the first 8 weeks of the semester without special permission. However, it is required that you speak with your advisor and/or instructor before making this decision. You can drop via the web, but should keep a printed hard copy of your transaction.  

During the 9th and 10th weeks of the term, you must have the approval of your instructor to withdraw from a course without academic penalty. After the 10th week of the semester, withdrawals are only permitted when there are extenuating personal or medical circumstances (which must be documented). The specific withdrawal deadline dates for each semester are listed in the Academic Calendar.

Students who receive an authorized withdrawal will receive a grade of “W” for the course, which carries no academic penalty but is recorded on the official transcript. However, students who stop attending courses during the semester and do not follow these withdrawal procedures will receive a failing grade for the course.

Important Notes:

1)  Depending on how many courses you withdraw from and if your total number of credits falls below 12 credits, your financial aid and housing may be affected.  Check with those offices before withdrawing from any classes.

2)  International Students must follow different guidelines. If you are an international student, you are required by law to be registered full-time both fall and spring semesters. Full-time for undergraduate students is 12 credits. International students CANNOT drop courses at any point in the semester if it will take them below full-time status WITHOUT prior permission from an adviser in the Office of International Programs & Services. A Deviation Form will need to be signed to authorize the reduced course load. This form is available in the Office of Student Assistance (OSA) or online.

Q:  How many credits must I take in order to be considered a full-time student?

A:  At least 12.  If you are registered for fewer than 12 credits, you are considered a part-time student.

Q: How do I get a hold removed from my account?

A: Holds are placed on accounts by departments who are in need of information from you and will prevent you from registering until that information is received. You must check your account during the early part of each semester to determine if you have any holds. If you do, contact the department from which the hold originates and do whatever necessary to have it removed.

Q:  What types of hold are there and where do I go to resolve the problem?

A: Library Hold -> Library

Advisor Hold -> Advisor

Final HS Transcript -> Admissions Office

MMR Immunization -> Health Care Unit

Housing/Discipline -> Residence Life

Financial Hold -> OSA

Q:  How do I register for Term A/B classes?

A:  Term A/B classes are half semester classes. If you are taking a term A and term B class, then both must be registered for in the same semester.  If this brings you above 18 credits, you must go to OSA for registration and you will be charged for course overload.